To make this felt brussels sprout decoration, you will need:
- Light & Dark Green Felt
- Red Satin Ribbon
- Toy Polyester Stuffing Material
- Green & Black Tapestry Wool
Now, the fun part! Here’s how to make the brussels sprout:
Felt Brussels Sprout Decoration — How to Make
- Firstly, use the image as a guide to cut two light green circles and one dark green circle from the felt.
- Take the dark green circle and cut three scalloped edged pieces from the felt to make the sprout layers.
- Next, take one light green circle and stitch the layers onto the felt, one by one.
- Using the black tapestry wool, embroider a smiling face onto the sprout.
- Now, pin the two light green felt circles together and blanket stitch all the way round leaving a 2cm opening.
- Use the 2cm opening to fill your felt sprout with polyester stuffing and then stitch up.
- To finish, thread the red satin ribbon through the top of the decoration.
- Voila! Your brussels sprout decoration is ready to go!
We’d love to see the felt decorations you make. Why not share them with us over on Instagram, using #BrightIdeasCrafts? We’ll share our favourite makes every Friday!
The Bright Ideas Team x