To make this personalised felt dog bone decoration, you will need:
Once you’ve got all of your crafting goodies together, follow these instructions to make your personalised felt dog bone decoration:
Felt Dog Bone Decoration
- Firstly, use the image as a guide to cut two dog bone shapes out of the felt.
- Now, thread the tapestry wool through the needle and tie a knot in one end.
- Take one dog bone shape and using a back-stitch technique, stitch your chosen name onto the felt. We chose Jessie!
- Once you have finished stitching your chosen name, secure the stitch with a knot.
- Next, pin both dog bone felt shapes together and stitch all the way round leaving a 2cm opening. We used a blanket stitch.
- Use the 2cm opening to fill your dog bone decoration with polyester stuffing and then stitch up.
- To finish, thread the white satin ribbon through the needle and pierce through the top corner of the dog bone.
- Voila! Your personalised felt dog bone is ready to go on the tree, or wrapped up as a gift for a loved one!
We’d love to see the felt decorations you make. Why not share them with us over on Instagram, using #BrightIdeasCrafts? We’ll share our favourite makes every Friday!
The Bright Ideas Team x