Lets make a spooky Halloween Spider Cup- great for Halloween. We teamed up with our favourite crafting expert – Michelle from The Crafty Foxes – to come up with some fantastic ideas that you can make at home or in the classroom. Spooky spider cups are a great spooky make for Halloween. We have lots of ideas to keep you busy in the lead up to Halloween!!!
HALLOWEEN SPIDER CUP
Halloween Spider Cup – here’s a list of what you will need:
- A plastic cup or a yoghurt pot
- Black Crepe Paper
- PVA Glue
- Craft Stems (8 Black ones and 1 Yellow one for your Spider’s mouth)
- Wiggly Eyes
We are ready to go – creepy spider cup nearly ready:
- Start by cutting the crepe paper into squares, we have found about the size of a postage stamp is the best size for this crafty project!
- Next spread the PVA Glue all over the cup in a thin layer
- Take your pre-cut crepe paper and stick them all over the cup until it is completely covered – leave it to dry for a while
- Add the Wiggly Eyes towards the bottom half of the cup – remember to leave some space for the scary mouth!
- Bend a Craft Stem into the shape of a scary mouth (if it is too long just cut it in half), we have used a yellow one but the choice is yours! – when it is scary enough stick it on your cup
- Next you need to bend the 8 Black Craft Stems into the shape of spiders legs – take a look at our picture above to see exactly what we mean….
- Cut 4 slits on either side of the bottom lid of the cup/yoghurt pot and secure your 8 spider legs into the slits
- All finished …. one Scary Spider Cup ready to spook people on Halloween!!!
Until next time, keep crafting!!
The Bright Ideas Team