Looking for some easy craft makes over the summer holidays? We have some new makes coming over the next few weeks to keep you busy – we are starting with our super cute snail.
Take a look at our How to Make for a Pom Pom Snail – this cute snail is easy to make and requires only a few simple craft basics. Mix it up by creating a family of mini-beasts in a range of colours:
You will need:
- First off pick out your favourite colour pipe cleaner – try putting two together to get some extra colour!
- Now you need to take a pen or pencil and pinch one end of your pipe cleaner stem to the base of your pencil – we are going to make the body
- Next step is to begin to coil the length of the pipe cleaner around your pencil so you end up with a spring-shape
- When you have coiled the whole pipe cleaner take this off your pencil or pen as we need to make a head for our snail
- Either glue a small pom-pom to one end of the coiled pipe cleaner or shape the end of the stem into a small ball shape like we did in the pictures below
- Next we need to add some antennae. Take a shorter pipe cleaner stem and bending it into a V-shape – we doubled ours and added a barrel bead to the top of each one!
- Attach it to the head of your snail – we added a bit of glue to ours to make sure it stayed in place!
- Add some wiggle eyes – just dab a bit of glue onto each one and hold into place.
- Now for the final bit – our snail needs their very own shell! Using some glue fix a large pom pom to the middle of the snail’s body.
- If you want to add bit of sparkle why not try decorating your pom pom shell in glitter or confetti!
Here’s a picture guide of how we made ours: