Why not have a go at making these simple finger mice puppets with your children? Not only will kids love helping you decorate their own but they can be encouraged to put on their own puppet show with their finished creations!
You will need:
- Paper or Card
- Sticky Tape
- Pen (black)
- Wiggly eyes
- Start by cutting out a circle in your chosen paper or card. We did this by placing a mug on top of the paper or card and drawing around it. With your scissors cut out the circle
- Next cut a piece the width of 2 fingers off the circle and put this to one side – we need this later so do not throw it away!
- Time to make your mouse!
- With some of the leftover paper cut off a small strip about 1.5cm wide and about 7 cm long – roll around your chosen finger and secure with tape and put to one side
- With the remaining large piece of circle lay this flat with the back of the paper/card facing you and the straight edge at the top – secure the tail and the finger roll in the top left hand corner – just like our picture – and stick some sticky tape on the top right hand side, just go half way along
- Now roll your paper into a cone shape, have your paper upside down with the sticky side on the right hand side, bend in the left-hand side so that you can stick the Roll into a cone, hold down to secure the tape
- With the remaining piece of the circle that we put to one side earlier cut 2 small ears out, fold over and stick to mouse cone
- Finally draw on some eyes (or stick on some wiggly eyes), add some whiskers and a nose!!