With Spring and Easter just around the corner our crafting guru – Michelle from The Crafty Foxes – popped in to show us some different craft ideas that are ideal for Easter and Spring. Here we are going to show you how to make a super Easter Chick picture that is perfect for the little ones to have a go at.
A super simple Easter Chick picture for you to make.
All you will need to make this super simple Easter Chick is:
- A piece of card (try using the top of a shoe box or a cereal packet
- Yellow tissue paper
- Orange pipe cleaners
- White Card
- Orange Felt
- Black Pom Poms or Black tissue
- Yellow Feathers
- PVA Glue
- Take you piece of card and draw around a plate to give you a circle
- Glue the orange pipe cleaners to make some legs and and bend two pipe cleaners in half to make the feet for your chick
- Scrunch up the yellow tissue paper into balls – we have used tissue paper circles – and stick these down within the circle to make the body of your chick
- Add some feathers to the top and some at the side for wings
- You will need two small circles of white card for the eyes and you can either draw the eyes with a black marker pen or stick on some black pom poms – try using a coin to draw around to get the shape for the eyes
- Add a beak made with either card or felt
- Tweet, tweet – one Easter Chick
Looking for some other ideas – why not try making an Easter Sheep or an even an Easter Bunny!!
We have more ideas for you to try out, take a look at our other Easter and Spring makes for some other ideas.
Until next time …… Happy Crafting!!