Now that we are in Summer, Michelle at The Crafty Foxes has shown us how to decorate a Summer Flower Pot – let’s show you how we made our quick and easy flower pot which is just perfect for summer-time.
To make a flower pot just like ours you will need the following arts and crafts supplies:
- A flower pot
- Yellow felt
- Tissue Paper
- Bendy Straw
- Green foam sheet
- Black marker pen
- Glue dots
Let’s get crafty:
1. For each flower you will need to cut 5 flower petals out of the yellow felt. We have put two flower’s on our pot so we cut out 10 petals from our sheet.
2. Glue your petals to your flower pot using the glue dots.
3. Next you need a button for each flower – when you’ve found the ones you like just glue them to the centre of each flower.
4. Now we need some to add some grass and flower stems …. we have used some green foam just glue dot the grass along the bottom of the pot and glue the stems onto the flowers.
5. It’s time to add a bumble bee! Cut out a bumble bee body from the remaining yellow felt and using a black marker pen make some stripes on it.
6 The wings are made from white tissue paper and the antenna is the bendy bit on a straw and cut in half to make little antennas.
7. Glue the wings onto the felt body ….
8. Finally you need to glue the antenna onto the underneath of the felt body at the top. When you are happy with your bumble bee glue it onto your pot – we liked it at the top but you can place it wherever you wish
Hey presto – a lovely summer flower pot perfect for any window sill ….
Until next time …. happy crafting
from the team at Bright Ideas and Michelle at The Crafty Foxes x