A successful importer/distributor of Educational Art & Craft products, Bright Ideas, based in central Suffolk, wishes to strengthen its web-based marketing activity. The business, established for 20 years, presents an exciting opportunity for a creative person who has a successful track record in sales and marketing and who can demonstrate web-based marketing skills.
The Job: Marketing Co-ordinator
Reporting to: General Manager
Profile: To provide extensive support in relation to all aspects of web-marketing
Qualifications: Candidates must demonstrate creative web marketing experience with a commercial flair
Salary: £20-25,000 pa, depending on level of experience and skills
Type: Will consider part-time that may lead to a full-time role
This role offers a great marketing communications opportunity for someone who has a genuine interest in arts and crafts to make their mark by improving the performance of a supplier’s retail website. Targeting teachers, ‘Mums’, craft groups, art students, craft hobbyists, playgroup and nursery leaders, community groups (guides, WI) and children’s activity camps the job will be to build the brand’s profile and maximise sales through year-round and seasonal campaigns.
Working with the appointed marketing agency they will have accountability for hands-on website management and outsourced marketing communications activities. This role will suit a self-starter with a good level of marketing experience, who is driven by achievement and has the ability to work within a small team and comfortable working to a clear brief and deadlines.
Working as part of a small team, this position offers a great opportunity for professional and personal development and to play a key role in defining the future success of the company.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To produce a Promotional Programme to be implemented on the website being mindful of seasonal trends and levels of stock available
Website and Communication
- To maintain and update the website ensuring that each product is presented with an attractive image and creative product copy taking into account SEO and keywords and that content is refreshed and blogs/makes are posted regularly
- To be able to create landing pages to support customers arriving at the site from online promotions and social media activity
- To ensure the front of site is refreshed on a regular basis to highlight the current Promotional Programme
- To work with our web partners to create and update effective SEO, social media followers and advertising
- To maintain and update a database of customers to ensure that up-to-date information is available for all promotions and tele-sales opportunities
- To actively communicate new products and promotions to the customer database via newsletter/direct mailing/tele-sales/social media, etc.
- To focus on developing the schools market with relevant ‘bundles’ of products and organising ‘How to’ workshops and instructions to encourage sales
- Suggest ideas for new makes by being in touch with arts and crafts trends
- To monitor and analyse promotions and sales history to formulate future promotions and targeting of customers
- To ensure competitive pricing on key product ranges
- Review and interpret analytics and take actions to highlight aspects of website or online campaigns that need attention
- To be main day-to-day interface with our appointed agency and support them in their activities
- To cover other office admin duties as required
- To be available to assist with other related tasks as and when required by the Company
Skills and experience needed
- Creative copy writing
- Product presentation
- Email marketing
- Use of social media in e-commerce
- Familiarity with CMS, CRM systems & database management
- Managing a creative promotional programme
- Development of customer relations
- To demonstrate excellent written & verbal communication skills
- PR/communication/advertising/promotional literature experience
- Organising events
- Experience in creative Education and Craft
- Understanding of SEO and keywords
- Agency management experience
- Produce clear and concise written and verbal reporting
- Friendly, helpful, well organised, has lots of energy, initiative, ambition, loves arts and crafts and bursting with creative ideas
- Appreciates the need to work to deadlines and driven to achieve
- Self-starter and motivated to get things done
- Team player but must be able to work unsupervised
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be successful in this role, please send your CV together with a covering email summarising why we should consider your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 7th September 2018.