To make this felt Christmas tree decoration, you will need:
- Green Felt Squares
- Red and White Pom Poms
- Gold Tinsel Pipe Cleaner Craft Stems
- Gold Star Gemstone
- Red Satin Ribbon
- Toy Polyester Stuffing Material
- Green Tapestry Wool
- Yellow/Gold Thread
Now you’ve got your crafting essentials together, it’s time to make the felt Christmas tree! Follow these steps to make yours:
Felt Christmas Tree Decoration
- Firstly, use the image as a guide to cut two Christmas tree shapes from the green felt squares.
- Take one gold tinsel pipe cleaner stem and bend three times as shown in the image.
- Using the yellow thread and needle, secure the gold tinsel down by stitching and wrapping the thread around the stem as you go.
- Next, using the yellow thread again, take the gold star gemstone and secure with a stitch as shown.
- Then, attach the red and white pom poms onto the tree ends using glue.
- Now, pin the two felt tree shapes together and stitch all the way round leaving a 2cm opening. We used a blanket stitch.
- Use the 2cm opening to fill your felt Christmas tree decoration polyester stuffing and then stitch up.
- To finish, thread the red satin ribbon through the needle and pierce through the top of the tree, behind the gold star.
We’d love to see the felt decorations you make. Why not share them with us over on Instagram, using #BrightIdeasCrafts? We’ll share our favourite makes every Friday!
The Bright Ideas Team x